Spring 2022 Performance Workshop Productions
Below is the info for Plaza Theatrical’s Performing Arts Academy Fall/Winter 2021-22 offerings. Our programs will continue to run in accordance with New York State and CDC Covid-19 guidelines and recommendations.
Thank you for your supporting the 39-year history of The Plaza Organization, as well as, for supporting your child’s passion and creativity!
Emma C. Harrington
Plaza Theatrical’s Performing Arts Academy
What to Expect at Plaza Theatrical Productions Performing Arts Academy
Policies for Plaza Theatrical’s Performing Arts Academy
- All auditions, callbacks, and rehearsals (until tech/dress rehearsals) will be held at Plaza Theatrical's Rehearsal Studio, 34 Forest Ave, Lynbrook, NY, 11563.
- The full participation fee is due at the first rehearsal. Students may not take home scripts until payment is received. Payment plans are available upon request.
- No refund or credit is given for missed rehearsals or for choosing students withdrawing from the program.
- There are no make-up classes due to inclement weather, student illness, or teacher illness.
- Plaza Theatrical is not responsible for the loss of personal items.
- Plaza Theatrical reserves the right to combine, cancel or close classes. In the unlikely event of a class being canceled, tuition will be refunded.
- Parents, siblings, and friends are not permitted to visit rehearsals.
- Attire: Comfortable, loose-fitting clothes and jazz shoes or lightweight sneakers.
- All students will be required to wear a mask when inside the studio.
- All adults who enter the studio are required to wear a mask.
- If desired, students may bring their own marked water bottles. No food, candy, or gum is permitted.
Where do you perform your musicals?
While rehearsals and classes are held at our Lynbrook studio (34 Forest Ave., Lynbrook, NY), Performing Arts Academy tech rehearsals and performances are held at our beautiful venue at the Elmont Memorial Library Theatre!
What is the audition process for musicals?
Every child who is able to commit to the rehearsal and performance schedule will be cast in the show. We do NOT cut any child from the production. For the “audition” and “callback” process, we strive to make every child feel relaxed and comfortable.
The first “audition” is private. Your child will sing for the director, stage manager, and musical director. They can sing a song from a show they have already appeared in, they can sing a song they have learned in school, or they can sing a section of a song they choose provided they bring the sheet music for the musical director to play from (usually about 32 measures). Song suggestions include the following age appropriate pieces: Do-Re-Me (The Sound of Music), My Favorite Things (The Sound of Music), I Won’t Grow Up (Peter Pan), Tomorrow (Annie), etc.
Every child will be invited to “callbacks”. At the callbacks, which are held in small groups, students will be taught some musical excerpts from the show and will be asked to read some lines from the show. The entire callback process is supportive and encouraging. It is NOT competitive.
Although a child does not need to prepare for the audition and callback process, they may want to practice their audition song. In addition, they can familiarize themselves with the music and dialogue by watching the movie version of the show.
What are the participation fees? Returning student discount? Discounts for multiple children in a family?
Musical Theatre classes participation fees vary based on sessions. Participation fees for classes can be found on the registration form!
$450.00 (includes DVD digital download of the performance, costumes*, and a souvenir script (for Elementary and Middle School Students only)
$495.00 (includes script, DVD digital download of the performance, costumes*, and a souvenir script (for Elementary and Middle School Students only)
A 10% discount will be applied to the second sibling’s participation fee.
Full Payment is due at the first rehearsal.
Are there any additional fees for costumes and tickets?
Although costumes are provided as part of the participation fee, students may have to supply basic items (shirt, shoes, socks, etc.)
For the culminating performances for family and friends, each person entering the theatre must have a ticket.
Ticket Prices are:
Broadway Kids: $5.00
Performance Workshop (Grades 3-5): $10.00
Performance Workshop (Grades 6-8): $10.00
Performance Workshop (Grades 9-12): $15.00